Welcome!

Welcome to chicken feet crossing blog!
Stories of silly old chickens and cool adventures they have had
so......
grab your cup of coffee and laptop and head out to the chicken coop!!!!!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Gigantic Tree



It was midnight.  I was sleeping.  My family heard a giant crash.  They ran out to the back door.  They saw nothing but they smelled a horrible stench.  I wasn't there personally so I don't know what it smelled like.  Then, an hour later, our next door neighbors, Judy and Bill, called and said, "One of the giant branches on your tree fell on our bedroom."  The next morning I went out to take pictures of the tree.  


The tree landed on their porch and took off a great deal of the corner of the house.



The tree split.


What it did to Judy and Bill's porch.  Notice the crushed grill?







The branch didn't fall.  It is still attached to the tree but it ripped pieces of the bark off.  The whole tree is leaning toward my bedroom window.  We are trying to get it cut down before any more branches fall.  I'm glad it didn't hit the chicken coop!!!!


What would Have happened




Chaos!!!!!


Boards are flying.  Tin roofs are flying.  Leaves are flying.  Eggs are flying.  Chickens are flying.  Everything is flying!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. hope it doesn't fall on me in the night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looks scary. are the chickens scard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good book Marie. chickens chickens on your head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess I would have chickens on my head if a tree fell on the coop.

    ReplyDelete