Welcome!

Welcome to chicken feet crossing blog!
Stories of silly old chickens and cool adventures they have had
so......
grab your cup of coffee and laptop and head out to the chicken coop!!!!!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Cutting Down Of The Tree



Today they are cutting down the tree.  It will take two days.  Yesterday, I heard they were going to use a crane.  



Like this???


Well at first I saw this.



A cherry picker. But then something huge, giant, and HUMONGOUS came driving up the street.....





This!
Now that's the crane they were talking about!

They are going to take the whole tree down. 

This is what it looked like before....

And this is what I want it to look like after.


They secured ....


This big tree to ......


... this tiny tree.
So if the tree fell, this itsy bitsy tree would keep it from crashing on the house!  NOT!
Well they probably did this for a reason but I can't help thinking it is ridiculous!


Well back to the cutting of the tree.


They brought the crane onto our neighbors, Judy and Bill's lawn.  They extended it.  We went outside to see it and I took these amazing pictures.




They are cutting branches and lifting them down onto the street.
They blocked our street off.
I feel like I have a street to myself!


I went out on our porch and saw a branch of the tree gently floating down on a crane in a cloud of sawdust.




You can't see the sawdust in these pictures
but....



How about in this one!  All that white stuff you see is sawdust.


Here are some more pictures.


That ball is a part of the crane

Can you see the person in this picture?
Stay tuned for The Cutting Down of the Tree, Part 2.



1 comment: